New—Reopening Health & Safety Protocols
Please review the following health and safety protocols. As always we are here to answer any questions or concerns.
Download our health and safety protocol flyer >
Requirements (Rules for Mom & Dad)
We are so happy that you are a part of the DMNS community. Just as following rules are a key discipline in your household, we have some of our own to help create an orderly and positive experience for all children. Please review the requirements and suggestions listed below and contact us if you have any questions. All forms mentioned below are available on the forms page.
- Children may be two years, nine months by the first day of school and must be toilet trained.
- As required by law, a medical form must be completed and kept up to date. Your child will not be permitted to attend without a complete and current medical and annual physical exam.
- Label ALL of your child’s belongings with his/her name—jackets, lunch boxes, cups, underwear—everything!
- A shoe box labeled (and decorated if you wish) with your child’s name with a full change of clothes, including underwear and socks, must be at school at all times. If your child has an accident, please be sure to replace all articles taken from his/her shoe box in case they are needed again.
- Dress your child in comfortable play clothes—jeans, sweats, shorts, etc. Sandals are not allowed in school, sneakers or rubber soled shoes are best and highly recommended. Also dress them appropriately for outdoor play—weather permitting.
- Do not send your child to school with his/her breakfast or any drinks in the morning. They must eat breakfast at home.
- If your child’s lunch needs to be heated, please be sure it is in a plastic container designed for microwave cooking. Also provide utensils if needed. Include a drink and snack with your child’s lunch.
- If you child has food allergies, please send in a snack for us to keep at school so we can avoid any problems.
- Notify the school if your child will be absent.
- Please be prompt for drop-off and pick-up times. Notify the school if you will be late for pick-up.
- When dropping off your child, please park in a legal parking space. To prevent traffic back-ups and for safety reasons, do not block the drive-way or the turn-around.
- Please wait outside and do not crowd the door at dismissal time. Wait on the sidewalk for your child, not on the steps or ramp.
- Your child will not be released from school to anyone other than the parent or previously-approved person unless the school is given prior notification. A parent must call the school or tell a teacher in person who will be coming to pick up their child.
- Notify the school if there is any change of information regarding address and/or phone numbers. It is important that we are advised of any changes in home, work, pick-up or emergency information.
- If your child has a fever (higher than 98.7) or any contagious condition such as pink eye, chicken pox, measles, stomach virus, etc., they must remain at home and we must be notified.
- If your child needs medication during the school day must have a note from their doctor stating the dosage and frequency.
- Encourage your child to leave all toys at home.
- Your child should come to school with a back-pack big enough to hold all of their belongings—the day’s project, homework book, lunch box, etc.